2014年9月19日星期五

Old young lady




Thanks to Danny, I decide to continue writing and start to write in English.=D.
I named my blog Old Young Lady because it is exactly what I'm thinking about myself, a old lady lives in a young girl's body.

Since I'm the only Child in my family, I don't have so much neighbors to play with. Instead of that, I start reading in a young age. My aunty bought me some riddle books years ago. Every night I read for 30 mins and tried to figure out the answers. When I entered the junior high school, I started  to read some classic book, most were Chinese books since I don't like read translations. I read HOW THE STEEL WAS TEMPERED, written by Nikolai Ostrovsky. The young boy in the book was as naughty as me at that time. 

Another book which effects me a lot called A DREAM OF RED MANSIONS. At that time, I studied in a boarding school with a huge stress of study. Every weekends I went back home and started reading A DREAM OF RED MANSIONS immediately, sometimes even forgot to eat dinner XD.(You will know how hard it is for me to FORGOT eating lol) There are a lot of foreshadowing hiding in the book which makes it more attractive.

I started to read some modern writer's books, such like Zhang Ailing. I like her stories. She wrote a lot of stories which happened in Shanghai and Hongkong. So every time I will remember some sections from the book when I visited Shanghai and Hongkong.

Reading makes people grow in another way. Reading stories for me is like going through another kind of life. I followed the characters' life to feel and to experience. Finally, you will know if you do A, A will lead to B and the result of doing A is C. Reading makes your life easier. Even you don't have to experience a lot of tough things, you will understand reasons and truth behind them by reading. 

I can not tell if it is a good thing or not. Usually when I'm facing two roads in front of me, one is familiar for me and I know what will happen in the end, another one is totally a abyss for me. Every time, I will choose latter one. I'm more fascinate about unknown experience. So sometimes even you read a lot, you know a lot but life is still tough. You choose to be tough.:)

I still feel my english writing is like primary school level XD. I will try more to improve. It is also a unknown thing for me. At last, I want to pose a poem from Robert Frost.



The Road Not Taken

Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other,as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one lees traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


没有评论:

发表评论